Job Vacancy - Stock Controller & Product Manager
Mr.Wheeler is thriving independent and family lead wine merchant with a head office based within an idyllic countryside business centre within easy access from Ipswich and Colchester via the A12. Our wine cellar is located just a short drive away and we have further teams located in London, the West Country and North Yorkshire.
This head office-based administration role is an exciting opportunity for the right candisate as our relatively recently rebranded business embarks on a journey of significant growth. Mr.Wheeler's mantra is that we help our customers to ‘choose better wine’ and we have an established customer base who already doing just that.
Your role would be to provide accurate control of stock across company and customer inventory as well as ensuring pricing and marketing ancillary data is fully available to all sales channels. Monitoring product costs and reporting margin inadequacies and stock issues to management is key.
Our aim is to find an individual for this role who has a very high level in attention to detail and strong tenacity to ensure accuracy in all tasks.
Main duties (full training for each given):
1. Stock Control – company & customer stock.
- Regular system reconciliations, i.e. Bond vs TWC system stocks
- Regular physical stock checks - full, annual and perpetual
2. Provide Management Information on stock analysis, e.g. identify slow moving lines, high/low margin lines.
3. Product Management
- Product creation and maintenance ensure structure of coding system is maintained
- Product Pricing
- Ancillary data management, i.e. Tasting notes, ABV’s, bottle shots
4. Processing of the following:
- Keying Purchase orders ensuring upmost accuracy with product details, duty type, location, currency and price
- Wine Shipping
- Customer withdrawals
- Receipting of stock
- Customer wine purchases
- Reconcile duty payments
- Check & approve supplier invoices
General Skills Required
1. Heightened attention to detail.
2. A stickler for ‘doing things properly’.
3. Technically sound and very accurate when using systems, process data and managing spreadsheets.
4. An excellent communicator with colleagues and suppliers.
Attitude is Everything